Thursday, February 10, 2005

**When will he grow up?**

No, I don't mean my son... he is growing up just fine with all the burps and bumps of a normal young man figuring things out, I guess. The one I am truly worried about is my son's father. According to his birth certificate, he is 45 years old. The tone of his emails suggest he is about 12 - that perfect age where a one feels a complete sense of entitlement, harbors illusions that one knows everything, is completely defined by the term "self absorption," and rants in a letter that is unnervingly riddled with spelling mistakes.

I remain astounded at his inability to
  • ask an understandable question,
  • frame an letter without blaming me for everything,
  • understand that one gets further with a request by being nice and
  • realize that there is a spell check function on most emails.
I am looking into ways to block his email address and simply insist that all correspondence come from his attorney. Maybe he will tone it down a bit.

I watched Heather Armstrong talk on ABC World New Tonight about being "dooced." Now you know why this site is anonymous. Additionally, I am not interested in a libel suit, although almost everything I write about is opinion. Thank you, First Amendment.

My daughter told me today that a young man she knows at college committed suicide last night. My heart just aches at the thought. Be at peace.

2 comments:

Randy B. said...

Love reading your blog posts. You are very insightful, and I have you saved in my fav blogs. Keep up the humor and strong will!

Someone on the cusp... said...

Thank you Randy B. Read your profile, it is amazing that I don't horrify you with every post. A tribute to your openmindedness, maturity and general tolerance for my rantings. Please don't arrest me.