Friday, February 18, 2005

**Out of the past, into my living room**

Haven't seen him since my daughter was a toddler and my Italy-bound son was an infant. Have only talked to him twice in all those years - the most recent time was a few days ago, since he was apparently tasked with finding my son's plane ticket to Italy.

Last night my son tells me that ex-brother in law is coming down from Washington this afternoon. Now this should be interesting. Ex-brother in law is the guy who is funding the legal costs for ex-husband to mess with me.

So how does one interact with an ex-brother in law in a situation such as this? Is he fishing for information? He sure asked a lot of questions on the phone - about my life, law school plans (how did he know that?). He is cordial on the phone, and under other circumstances, I wouldn't think twice about anything. He apparently also is the ex-brother in law who does not think I am evil incarnate (yes there is one of those ex-brother in laws, too). But learning about the legal slush fund makes me wonder. Should I be concerned?

No comments: