Thursday, February 17, 2005

**Well bowl me over**

Welcome to a day that is both exhausting and suprising.

I have gone on, at times, with a self-pitying missive about how I don't get flowers on Valentines Day. I made exceptions for my children and my dear friend John who have sent me flowers over the years out of a combination of love and maybe alittle pity.

So I come home from work today - a very long day that started
  • at 7:30 AM cramming to finish Spanish homework before class (one would think that a professor would be a little more diligent about doing homework), followed by
  • teaching classes, mixed with
  • meeting students between classes (not in itself a bad thing, but I was seriously counting on that inbetween time to prepare for the next class), followed by
  • production meetings for the weekly television show. Intermixed in all that
  • I had to write a response to my ex's lawyer's most recent transparently threatening email, and
  • reading my usual array of blogs,
  • programming my work VCR to record South Park goes to Hell and the Daily Show since I don't have cable at home,
  • wander home to learn my son has his plane ticket to Italy and leaves in a week!
  • and then notice on my counter...
FLOWERS

John comes through again. The ole pond is no barrier. Tip a pint for me, mate.

And may you all have a friend like this.