Monday, January 24, 2005

**Busted**

One of the most intriguing qualities of blogging, in my meager mind, is the interesting blurring of public and private. I haven't quite dissected the impulse people have, apparently including yours truly, to take what one would normally write in a journal...

... and post it to the world.

I guess there is an air of anonymity that exists on the Net. Those who read blogs, as well as those who blog, play out this interesting voyueristic dance.

Harmless, right?

Of course it hasn't been harmless for everyone. The most well known example of one's blog biting one's ass is Heather Armstong's blog. I have taken my blog link down from my work website.

Still, I think most people while not minding their personal and even private thoughts being "out there," may beleive that at some level, they remain disconnected from those ideas in the anonymity of the Web. This all leads to.....

I received an IM from my college-aged daughter today, who said she happened upon my blog.

The public and personal collide in the most personal way possible.

Yo soy busted.

No comments: