Sunday, April 22, 2007

**Why the Name**

So I recently changed my "name" on this blog. It is only now that I realize why. Sometimes that happens to me. I do things and don't really know why until later. I just feel initially this need to do them. And urge that I can only describe as like a urinary tract infection without the pain. Or that urge to push (for you moms out there) And I do apologize for the imagery of both analogies.

This name - Someone on the cusp - is becoming prescient.

I find myself, as I mentioned earlier, almost overwhelmed with commitments to the point of no return. That pressure seems to build up just before something potentially life changing comes along. That something is apparently showing up in the form of a new job possibility.

So now I am faced with a dilemma. Pursue this new position - which, at the outset will involve a substantial investment of time invested in an application process, when I really DO NOT have time to spare - or blow off a potentially important opportunity for career advancement. I don't even know if I am competitive for the job. And I can't even get my head around all the other implications if I were to take such a job. The impact would be like a tidal wave through my life here in the northwest. ARGH.

3 comments:

Becca said...

Apply, see what happens, decide later if you want it. No harm in applying and you avoid regrets.

Someone on the cusp... said...

I know you are right. I know you are right.

Leann said...

I agree with becca. Apply and decide from there. Applying does not mean an instant yes.

I'm praying for ya.