Friday, April 13, 2007

**Up Against the Wall**

It happens to me once or twice a year. I get so backed up, I don't even know where to begin. I have things on the "to do" list from over a year ago. I can't even get close to them.

When I get to this point, I usually have to lock myself in the house or office for a couple days, get into a groove and clean off the most pressing items on the list. Currently, taxes still hang over me, although I have done a good chunk of them, closure seems to be the problem. It doesn't help that between me and the kids, there are three federal and five state returns to complete. (Good diversion for the doldrums of preparing taxes here. - an IRS poster contest. And I don't want to hear about all you who "have it done by your accountant!") Add to my must-be-done-immediately-list an employee evaluation to finish, conference papers to review, and an employee manual to rewrite. All of these have a May 1 or earlier deadline.

So it is Friday morning, I am NOT going to the office because I know there would be interruptions. I have turned the heat on, and am brewing my second latte. First off, the employee review and then TAXES. This may require some rock music....

2 comments:

Becca said...

You do Em & Graham's taxes? Well, there's your first problem. They're all grown up... (I don't think my parents ever even offered to help out with mine when I was in college!)

Someone on the cusp... said...

It is pitiful, but your grandpa did mine until I was in graduate school. One less thing for me to worry about. Then again, the first time I had to do them myself I almost freaked. I guess I get elected to do them cause I buy the tax software. But point well taken.