Wednesday, April 18, 2007

**Not a Good Week. Not at All**

I am only emerging from the surprising emotional turmoil I felt over the events at Virginia Tech. I don't know anyone there, but tears have come several times when I think about the parents, the young promising lives lost, and the apparent acts of selflessnes and heroism in the face of paralyzing fear.

I don't think much about all the discussions of whether "our children" are safe in school. That is a useless discussion. No one is safe from such a random act.

When, oh when, are we going to get real about gun control?

So, I slept an extra hour this morning (after another late night board meeting) and woke to the Supreme Court decision upholding the federal Partial Birth Abortion Ban Act. Read J. Ginsberg's dissent. This does not bode well for women. The chipping away at a women's right to choose is underway. Menopause. Bring it on. I am ready.

No comments: