Sunday, April 09, 2006

**Some new favorite phrases**

Went to a luau last night. As part of the cultural education I learned a new phrase. Chill-ax. It is going up on my office door tomorrow morning.

I also watch Cold Mountain again. It was more powerful than I remembered it. One of the final lines stuck with me as Ada summed up her life of waiting for Inman, him coming home and then her carrying on without him.

"Clouds, clouds... and then sun. "

That is how my life has felt these past 15 years. Lot's of clouds. But in recent years... Sun.

2 comments:

Leann said...

Chill-ax means what??

My story sends a chill down your spine....hmmm....I must be doing something right...LOL

Someone on the cusp... said...

Chil-lax is a combination of "chill" and "relax." Go figure.

Finish that story, LeAnn!