Thursday, March 30, 2006

**Tahoe - I am in love**

I have never been to Reno. But that was my route to Tahoe. In fact I have never been to Nevada, or Atlantic City. So imagine my surprise at what I saw as I walked off the concourse at the airport:

If I was a luckier person....










Nothing prepared me for the beauty of Tahoe. I spend five wonderful days with wonderful people - quickly becoming my favorite travel companions:















They got me on the black diamonds and remained infinitely patient when I needed to catch my breath. Ah, to be in my 20's again.












Who would have suspected such a beautiful place could straddle the borders of Nevada and California. The most beautiful place I have seen since southwest Colorado, British Columbia and Alberta.











This is a view of the bowl we skied at Alpine Meadows.















We finished one day with a stop at Lake Tahoe. It reminded me of Detroit Lake in Oregon, but on a grander scale.

Over half my life is over. How do I spend the remaining part in a place like this.

What are the possibilities I could meet a guy who lives in Tahoe?









Thanks for a wonderful trip, everyone!



2 comments:

Sarah said...

I miss being on vacation. Let's go back!

Leann said...

I'm so glad you had fun. Isn't that area beautiful??!!

I went when I was very young, not even old enough to gamble, but did anyway..LOL