Saturday, April 29, 2006

**Sin City**

Well, I just got back from a place I never would have chosen to visit. But the temptation of seeing my dear friend and two days of wandering around among building upon building of media technology was too much to resist.

I learned a lot about glidecams, jibs, HD cameras, i/o breakout boxes, and much more. I gotta attend this conference again. I arrived on the last day of the NAB conference and intended to spend Friday taking in all that is Las Vegas. But an academic conference for broadcasters began the next day and I was lured into some Apple training sessions and ended up staying all day learning Aperature, multicam editing on FCP, HD compatibility with FCP, and a session on Motion. All geekspeak and frankly a sad statement about how I ended up spending my weekend to "cut loose" with the one person who would never kiss and tell. But alas, we both apparently are geeks cause he was right there at the workshops with me.

My most outrageous moment in the city of secrets, sharing a entire PITCHER of sangria over the BEST tapas I ever have tasted. Yep, that is the extent of my wildness.

Most of my pictures were taken on the way to the airport,






























































with the exception of the Star Trek themed slot bar area in my hotel. Almost justified how little I went out:





















Date update: Only spent one evening with him so far - glass of wine and then, though not planned - dinner. We seem to be hitting it off. That was just a week ago. Have talked to him on the phone or exchanged emails almost daily. He surprised me at the airport when I returned last night at midnight. Bonus points for that. Tomorrow, I will see him again. Bike riding in Portland is the plan. Weather will cooperate. My writing deadlines will not.

4 comments:

Leann said...

A new Beau? Have fun bike riding in Portland. It's a beautiful city all in all. I miss Oregon, altho Alaska is beautifl too....but different.

Sarah said...

Surprising you at the airport after one date? Bonus points, maybe, but it would make me run away. I am a scaredy cat.

Someone on the cusp... said...

I am waiting for the flight response to kick in myself. So far it is fun. Once I start thinking about the significance of what is happening I will bolt unless I really like him.

Leann said...

Wow, you sound just like me!!