Wednesday, March 22, 2006

**Thank god for recorders**

Cause I don't know what I just listened to for the last 90 minutes on the phone. It wasn't a court order, that is for sure. It started like one, then discussion ensued and now the judge will be thinking things over some more and issuing a written decision. My attorney is talking a likely appeal. I can't afford it. He thinks the ex's attorney will do it pro bono so she can get the high profile published opinion on a murky area of law.

I remember the judge chastising the ex for never making a single decision that put his children first. And saying it was his choice to limit his work options and thus imputed him income. And she agreed that all the expenses I have paid for the kids college are legitimate. But it is the nasty unclarity of whether there has been a substantial and continuing change that opens up the settlement agreement to modification.

And there are the legal fees. They are SO HIGH and I am getting nothing back. As my attorney said. What is at issue here is by how much you will lose financially.

I will open a bottle of wine in a couple days and listen to it again.

1 comment:

Leann said...

My goodness you've been busy with the posts. I truly hope this all turns out to be in your favor. Too bad your atty won't do it pro bono because he things he'll win and set presidence.