Thursday, September 22, 2005

**The Good, the Bad and the Ugly...**

is the name of a new film series started by a colleague. Tonight we premiered the Bad. I am pondering who would have sat through this whole movie in order to recommend it, and then it occurred to me that whoever chose this is actually watching it again.

Tonight's selection was Army of Darkness

I would have been more judgmental, but then I realized that the film has actually won awards.

It won the Saturn Award from the Academy of Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror Films
It won the Golden Raven at the Brussels International Festival of Fantasy Film.

There is more but I won't bore you.

The movie had numerous memorable taglines associated with it:

Trapped in time. Surrounded by evil. Low on gas

1 Man, 1 Million dead, The odds are just about even.


They move. They breathe. They suck.


Sound the trumpets, Raise the drawbridge, and drop the Oldsmobile


How can you destroy an army that's already dead?


In an age of darkness. At a time of evil. When the world needed a hero. What it got was him.

Now...

My favorite quote from the movie, set in the 1300's with plenty of old English in the script... happened at an amourous moment:

"Give me some sugar, baby." That was delivered by the lead in the film, Bruce Campbell.

He attended Western Michigan University for awhile. Hah.

I would suggest that this movie is not his most notable and memorable work. I think his very best is available at Amazon.com, and... what can I say (except this is a link worth clicking), I think I will let this one speak for itself.....


No comments: