Tuesday, June 06, 2006

**Wonder weekend**

What a great weekend. If this is any indication I am going to have a highly memorable summer.

I spent Saturday in a touring kayak in an estuary area on the Oregon Coast. 3.5 hours of paddling non stop - my arms were a little sore that evening. But I will be doing it a lot this summer, so I imagine I will get used to it. Had a nice evening with a bonfire-send-off- graduation party for an exchange student living at the farm where I was staying. Sunday, I hiked the Tillamook spit - not too far, maybe 8 miles total with about half along the beach. The bayside part of the hike was scattered with wild strawberries. A couple of nice rain showers blustered in, but nothing to dampen the enjoyable hike. I ended up staying Sunday night as we had a wonderful dinner at a beachside cafe and watched the sun set. It was too late to trek all the way back. The added bonus of staying until that Monday morning, was that I got to see a calf born. The calf needed some help as it was breech. But the calf is doing fine now.

I am off horse camping in the Cascades this morning. More news and some pixs when I return.

2 comments:

Leann said...

I'm so glad to hear you had a wonderful weekend. Pictures of him I did not expect, just where you had been.

Yes, I understand thos "must have known them in another lifetime" feeling.

I pray this works out for you and you have a simply awesome summer that leads to a "more than you could hope for" lifetime.

cg said...

Sounds like a wonderful time. SOOO jealous about the horse camping!