Saturday, May 20, 2006

**How Could You NOT Love a Town That Has This...?**


Yes this lovely town is home to the second largest Alien Daze festival, second only to Roswell, NM. It is odd, quirky and draws most of the town to the main street.


All sorts of "unusual" people show up for the parade.... many, not surprisingly from California.

I didn't know about this festival the first time I was in town during May. I pulled to an intersection at the south end of town and looked at the cross walk where I saw this man below, waiting for the light to change. I am not sure I can articulate what I was thinking about recent move to the Pacific NW at that time. Let me just say, you would NOT see a Klingon crossing the street in Southwest Michigan.

He has been back for the parade every year since. This year he was crowned King. Well done.


The highlight of the parade was the band. If I knew how to put up a sound file, you could listen to them.


The other key festival in this little town is Turkeyrama. Let's just say THAT festival embarasses me.

1 comment:

Leann said...

Now that would be strange to see just going into a town!