Thursday, July 21, 2005

**We got video!**

Dear Sarah was kind enough to load my Yellowstone videos on her site so that you can view them.

The first one is of steam rising off the thermal area at sunset

This next one is of Grotto Geyser, also steaming away in the sunset.

This video is of a little pool, about 24 inches in diameter boiling away.

Finally this video is of Lone Star Geyser erupting.

I think what I like best about these videos is the audio. Someone needs to go to Yellowston and collect audio of the natural environment and record a CD. If you close your eyes while you are in these basins, especially late at night when there are no other humans around, the variety of sound is amazing.

5 comments:

Leann said...

Wish I could watch the videos, but since I'm using the work computer, of course I can't! I'm sure they are awesome and peaceful.

Thanks for sharing them.

Sarah said...

Hmm. They don't show up for me. Sound, but no picture. Strange.

Jen said...

Same for me. This makes the sound the ABSOLUTE most important part of the video...

Someone on the cusp... said...

Wonder what is wrong? They are quicktime movies (.mov). Why can I watch them and you can't. I did prepare them in a video editing software program and then exported them as QT movies. hmmm...

Someone on the cusp... said...

It is using a Quicktime plug-in of 7.0.1f0. Might you need to update? I may have created them in a very recetn version of QT. I tried playing them in different browsers and they play in IE, Netscape and Safari. Wait, I am not the computer expert, I should be asking you!:)