Wednesday, June 22, 2005

**Musical Baton**

Very funny Becca:

Total Volume of Music Files on My Computer

2304 songs. God help me if they confiscate my work computer. Although the songs files stored on this computer are the least of my worries.

Last CD I bought


Almost bought James Taylor's Greatest Hits last night at Target, in an effort to use an electronics dept. store credit for an iPod adaptor I bought and needed to return after losing the receipt. But otherwise, I haven't "bought" a CD in a long time. Most recent iTunes purchase was a series of Ben Folds Five songs. Highly recommended.

Song playing right now

Pretenders, "Back on the Chain Gang" Love the shuffle function.

5 Songs I listen to a lot


Green Day, "Waiting"

Great song for finishing a round on the elliptical.

Ben Folds Five, "Luckiest" & "Brick"

One is powerfully romantic and one is powerfully sad.

Coldplay, "Scientist"
Haunting, as is all their music.

CCR, "Who'll Stop the Rain"

Classic

Death on Wednesday, "Simple Life"

No one will know this band or song. They did a two song sample CD release and my son found it. Don't know what has happened to them, but the song is great, especially for running. The drumming is incredibly rhythmic.

Don Henley, "End of the Innocence" and "Forgiveness"

Trained for a 5K and worked through a relationship at the same time listening to these songs.

and then stuff from the Cars, Pretenders, Coldplay, Dire Straits, Doors, Jackson Browne, Jet, Kinks, Santana all designed to keep my pace running. No way I can limit this to five.

I pass the baton to Miss Emily (another blogger-update-slacker) and.... Leann (if she has time before her vacation).

No comments: