Sunday, June 12, 2005

**free wireless rocks**

This is why the Internet should not be privatized. I can sit here at Portland Airport and blog using free wireless access that exists all throught the airport. No AT&T wirelss telling me that I am not a subscriber. In fact, Portland is loaded with free wireless sites - through the city, not just the airport.

While I am gone the kids will get settled into their jobs and I think I will be coming home on Wednesday to an empty house. Kind of gotten used to that although all the energy in the house - not just the noise, but the increased "life" has been nice.

Well, I am flying Southwest, so I am learning the ropes of no seat assignments. Not realizing this, I didn't stategically check in on line before heading to the airport, so I am in loading line C (the basement of SWA loading lines). When I asked the check in clerk what my seat assignemnt was, he chuckled and said, "The Lavatory." Line C. What can I say. I will be fighting for a middle seat apparently.

Time to protect my spot (second in line) in Line C.

4 comments:

Leann said...

Have a wonderful trip! I've flown Southwest so can relate to the seat assignment, or lack thereof.

Jen said...

I don't know what's wrong with me. When I started reading this post, I read the title totally literally. No-Charge Stones Without Electronic Equipment. Sometime in the first paragraph I came back to reality and understood what you were talking about. Ug.

Last time I flew Southwest I was in the A group and still ended up sitting next to two 12 year old boys that had never been on an airplane before. Oh, and I was coming straight off a night shift so I hadn't slept in 24+ hours. Fun, fun, fun.

Anonymous said...

You know what rocks even more than free wireless?

An updated blog.

Someone on the cusp... said...

How true. It is coming. There has been a lot of stuff going on in my life. I am still trying to sort out what is blogworthy.