Tuesday, April 19, 2005

**April: the month of the bitch**

My relationship with April is a troubled one at best. Yes, the trees are leafing, the rain is subsiding, the temperature is a near perfect 60-70 degrees. It also is the month to celebrate the birthdays of my two dear sisters. It is my old advisor's birthday this month too, although he never acknowledges it when I send him a card. And at least after the halfway point I can check those damn taxes off the todo list.

So why am I not in a state of bliss? Blame it on my old job. Yes, this week would have been final exam week if I still worked there. That means that next week I would have started my 4 MONTH SUMMER BREAK. At my new job, even with all of its benefits, like lower pay, longer hours, whiter students (I list with obvious sarcasm), I still have another 5.5 weeks of teaching. In another week my students will be asking each other, "Why is she such a royal bitch these days?"

Question answered.

No comments: