Saturday, May 16, 2009

**We Be Promoted**

It took over a year - from the time I submitted my letter of intent - to hear the word. The Board of Trustees voted today and the mail came from an iPhone, which makes it all the more sweet. Someday I will blog about the insanity of promotion in academia - insanity raised to the level of an art form at some institutions, but all I can say is I started teaching 13 years ago with a plan to be a full professor the first moment I was eligible. I did it. Major career goal accomplished. Exhale.

4 comments:

Leann said...

Whoot!!!! Congratulations Professor!!

I am so happy for you N.

Someone on the cusp... said...

Well, thank you, Leann. I will tell you about it someday. It aged me a bit.

Sarah said...

Awesomeness! Congratulations!

Gavin said...

Well done! Congratulations!