Wednesday, April 30, 2008

**:(**

A missing freshman was found in one of the ponds on campus today. Been missing for a couple days. The pond is maybe 500 feet from my office window. Fire trucks, cherry pickers, divers and the wondering have made thinking about anything else, difficult to say the least.

Stories are circulating about possible connections string of suspicious deaths of young college men around the country over the past 11 years - 40 of them. One happened at my alma mater about 4 years ago.

The family is here from the midwest. I can't even comprehend their grief. I need to see my kids. soon.

3 comments:

Leann said...

Oh my. I am so sorry to hear that. I just heard the story about all of those young men missing and being connected with the smiley face. My prayers will be with the family.

Leann said...

I just read the newspaper article. How did they know to search the pond? Or was it just part of the search effort?

Someone on the cusp... said...

It was on the most likely path from the party back to the dorm. There is a trail that goes through some woods from the road where the party was, to a campus road. There is a sidewalk along the road that runs between the roads' guard rail and the pond. There is a steep embankment along much of the pond (small pond, 25-30 meters). Most of the pond is only waist deep, but a portion is closer to 8 ft deep. That is where they found him.