Thursday, September 27, 2007

**Should Have Seen It Coming**

Six years ago, when I decided to take this job, I negotiated that my new employer wait a year so I could insure a smooth transition. To the very end my co-workers at my ending job were kind, supportive and appreciative of me remaining for the year, knowing I could have left them hanging with no time to find a replacement.

I can't say that my decision to stay for an additional 6 months at my current job to "wrap things up" and help with the transition has gone as smoothly. The co-worker issues I always found a bit troubling now in my face. I am concerned about some gender issues that were undercurrents coming to the surface and generally finding that my multi-year "feeling" I was marginalize is no longer a feeling.

I guess it makes closure a little easier, but in reality, I liked how closure worked at my last job better.

No comments: