Friday, September 28, 2007

**Long Walk Home**

One of the good things about moving cross country is the opportunity to reconnect with my Jersey Girl roots. My high school years were defined in part by the Jersey Shore and Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band. They are doing the Friday concert this morning on the Today Show.

I couldn't help but notice that the keyboard player in the E Street Band is wearing a hearing aid. I don't think there is a member of the band under 50. And the only young people in the crowd are the kids dragged to the concert by their parent Springstein fans.


I could feel the pull back east listening to the Boss and the E Street Band complete with Clarence Clemmons this morning as they played the song that makes up this entry's title. He is still firey on the stage just as I remembered him at concerts in my youth. He would play 3.5 hours without a break. We would leave the stadium hoarse from singing along.

I might add they they starting playing before the Today broadcast started and are contemplating an encore at 2.5 hours. And so he continues with a heart wrenching rendition of Hometown. He's still got it.

3 comments:

Leann said...

Jersey Girl Roots. You just can't go back east without us meeting at least once ya know. :-)

Someone on the cusp... said...

Agreed. Maybe meet in Corvallis for coffee or lunch or a hike?

Leann said...

A hike sounds good. Always a good idea to get outside. e-mail me please and let me know what works for you cozy_one@hotmail.com