Friday, February 03, 2006

**As vacation fades away**

I begin my last weekend before classes begin. I tried to get to the mountains this week but the weather has not cooperated. Too much snow coming down in the Cascades, so the roads have been a problem. So I went horsebackriding Wednesday instead of snowshoeing. Today, instead of snowboarding, I drove to the coast and walked the beach for hours. It rained on and off, all preview to a major storm making landfall late tonight in the Pacific Northwest. Gusts to 90 mph. It will hit my abode after midnight. Rattling windows will keep me awake again, I imagine.

3 comments:

Leann said...

It sounds as if you had an awesome weekend. Where did you go riding at?

My old home is getting plenty of moisture both in the liquid and frozen kind.

I miss Oregon. But I love Alaska. *sigh* what to do.

Someone on the cusp... said...

I rode at an arena, because of the poor weather. Only had time for a short trail ride inbetween storms.

I must admit this rain is getting to me. Fortunately the PNW is forecast to have 4-5 consecutive days of sun next week. Of course I will be teaching all day...

I have come to learn, having moved A LOT, that I always miss what I have left more than I expected. However, it is never quite the same if you try and return.

Leann said...

That's very true. It's just never quite what you remember