Thursday, October 20, 2005

**Darned demands of the real world**

I am coming to the conclusion that my job is not conducive to consistently maintaining a blog. And since I didn't nail the mega powerball lottery yesterday, blogging full-time does not appear to be in my immediate future.

By the time I get home in the evening, even operating the remote seems to require overwhelming effort.

I don't remember the last weeknight I got home before 8 pm. It got so bad that I actually had to strap on a headlamp and cut my grass - almost 8 inches long - in the dark this week. Let's just say I am glad I don't live in Becca's neighborhood. I would have had my front door paper-mache'd with covenant violation notices.

My fall doesn't show signs of letting up anytime soon. I work this weekend and then travel the next two weekends. I just returned from an 8 day trip, the details forthcoming in the next entry, I hope. I can't even make a dent in the pile of work that sits on my desk.

I work Thanksgiving weekend, and then I have to retake the LSATs in early December, in an effort to raise my score and secure an essential scholarship for law school. Otherwise I will have to rethink my career plans for the next few years. As soon as exams are finished, I leave for Ecuador to visit the long lost daughter.

I look forward to retaking her picture with feet straddling the equator. The last time her little toes touched either side of the zero latitude line was when she was 6 weeks old.

The highlight of the last two weeks, I have at least a years supply of Hatch roasted green chilis in my freezer. It is the ultimate comfort food.

1 comment:

Leann said...

You are one busy woman! I look forward to hearing about your trip tho and the visit to Equador. Obviously your daughter gets her world travels from someone :-)
Be sure and take some time just for you in the middle of all this mahem!
Good luck on the LSAT's!!