Saturday, August 09, 2008

**Browsing the jobs**

It doesn't matter when I have started a position or how much I like it. I still watch the job ads. Maybe this explains why I ended up in Oregon and now NY. Both position were ads I happened upon while perusing the academic classifieds during lunch. I see today that Temple University and Southern Illinois U. have openings that would be career steps up for me. Temple is an awesome program and big, but living in the city would be hard on me. SIU is a very impressive program, but in Illinois, which is well, like when I was in Michigan. Flat.
Actually some of my old Michigan colleagues are pressing me to apply for the School's Director position - opening next year because my dear friend is retiring. Those were the best colleagues ever and the town was great for raising kids. But I don't think Michigan is my home. I also got wind that my advisor might be retiring in a year or two. Now there is a location to which I would not mind returning.... I am like a douglas fir. No depth to the roots.

1 comment:

Leann said...

I am like you. I think it's the wander lust that I just can't seem to curb.

Enjoy your time in Yellowstone. I've not been there since the kiddos were teens. It was a grand adventure and one I would not mind repeating.