Wednesday, June 06, 2007

*Snuggled in my Car...*

under the yellow pines outside Sisters, Oregon late last night, I turned on my cell phone to check messages. I did this because I quietly escaped the confines of work for about 24 hours without telling anyone. And I felt guilty enough to at least determine if my office had burned down (thus aleviating the need to pack thousands of books for a move between buildings). Among the many messages - how do all these people get my cell phone number! - was a call from the the Dean where I interviewed. We played phone tag a bit, but she caught me as I pulled back into town this afternoon.

She offered me the job.

NOW WHAT DO I DO?!

3 comments:

Leann said...

Oh wow!! Sisters....I love Sisters. The ambiance of the place is .......... well indefinable.

The job.... follow your gut. Not your heart, not your head, but what your gut tells you. Oh, and ...... Congrats!!!!!

Rosie said...

YOU DIDN'T TELL ME THAT WHEN I CALLED!!! Congratulations, silly mom :)

Gavin said...

congrats :)