Wednesday, July 30, 2008

**Blink**

The lazy days of summer just evaporated before my eyes. The "endlless summer" feeling that comes in early August has morphed into Chicago conference trip next week. I managed to keep that to a 4 day trip.

But the best laid plans of laziness are cut short. Now, I return from Chicago for about six hours - enough time to repack and sleep for a couple hours. Then it is off to the Utah and Wyoming. The lure of joining my sister traveling there for a few days was irresistible. With some strategically placed phone calls, I have managed to get a cabin at Mammouth Hot Springs for two nights and a cabin at the Old Faithful geyser complex for a night.

Yeah for seeing Yellowstone again!

I will return the day I go back to a full time contract and the school year begins again.

Somewhere in the next 24 hours, I have to fire off a paper proposal to a Nov. conference in.... MELBOURNE! Looking for travel companions as I could squeeze out about 9 days of travel after the conference if anyone is willing to do emu, or kangaroo or crocodile for Thanksgiving dinner.

2 comments:

Becca said...

could you be tempted to fly via southeast asia on your way back frm Australia... its cheap! (well, ok, not cheap, but cheapER than coming frmo the US)

Leann said...

I hope you have an awesome time in Utah and Wyoming. You luck duck you!! I've yet to get vacae time. Not sure what I'm going to do yet, but I'll do something fun guaranteed.

You just been the traveler extrodinair this year haven't you?